Difference in time. Find out the time difference between cities and countries
Select 2 locations to compare. You can compare time between cities and countries in the world
Enter the names of the cities whose times you want to compare using the Time Difference Calculator. Our time converter is a handy and easy tool to convert time so you can find the best moment to call abroad.
Time difference between popular cities in the world
- Wallis Island - Brussels- 11 hours
- Dublin - Seoul-si+ 09 hours
- Dhaka - Male- 01 hours
- Moscow - Tbilisi+ 01 hours
- Yerevan - Tripoli- 02 hours
- Mariehamn - Ouagadougou- 02 hours
- Nargana - Delhi+ 10 hours
- Sanaa - Islamabad+ 02 hours
- Praia - Basse-Terre- 03 hours
- Pago Pago - Sofia+ 13 hours
- Copenhagen - Prague+ 00 hours
- Beijing - Maseru- 06 hours
- Reykjavik - Maputo+ 02 hours
- Mexico - Port-au-Prince+ 02 hours
- Rafah - Lusaka+ 00 hours
- Montevideo - Belgrade+ 04 hours
- Amman - Brazzaville- 02 hours
- Yaounde - McMurdo Station+ 12 hours
Time difference between popular countries in the world
- Andorra - Tajikistan+ 04 hours
- Venezuela - Macao+ 12 hours
- Afghanistan - Portugal- 04 hours
- Ukraine - Slovenia- 01 hours
- Latvia - Korea, Republic of+ 07 hours
- France - Samoa+ 12 hours
- Burundi - Lesotho+ 00 hours
- Cape Verde - Djibouti+ 04 hours
- Luxembourg - Poland+ 00 hours
- Qatar - Finland- 01 hours
- Italy - Haiti- 05 hours
- Cyprus - Malaysia+ 06 hours
- Nepal - Australia+ 05 hours
- Argentina - Sao Tome and Principe+ 03 hours
- Tunisia - Indonesia+ 06 hours
- Dominican Republic - Sweden+ 05 hours
- Senegal - Somalia+ 03 hours
- New Caledonia - Azerbaijan- 07 hours
Difference in time
Time differences between countries and cities can cause many problems, especially when traveling and in business meetings between partners. It is therefore important to understand how time zones work and how to calculate the time difference between different geographical areas.
Time zones and UTC time zones
A time zone is a geographic region that uses the same time. It is usually defined by the meridian passing through the Earth’s north and south pole. The entire Earth is divided into 24 time zones, each with 15 degrees of longitude. For example, London and New York are in different time zones because London is west of New York.
Time zones are usually measured in relation to UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). UTC is world standard time, which is determined by time zones. This means that the time difference between different time zones is calculated in relation to UTC. For example, UTC+3 means that the difference between a time zone and UTC is 3 hours.
How to calculate the time difference between countries and cities correctly
You can calculate the time difference between countries and cities using information about time zones and UTC. For example, if you are in New York (UTC-5) and your business partner is in Tokyo (UTC+9), the time difference between you is 14 hours. This means that if it’s 12:00 in New York, it’s 4:00 the next morning in Tokyo.
There are many online services that can help you calculate the time difference between different cities and countries. For example, the website worldinfotravel provides information about time zones and allows you to calculate the time difference between cities and countries.
In addition, there are other factors that affect the time difference between cities and countries. Some of them include the change of seasons and the use of daylight saving time. The change in seasons can lead to a change in the time difference between cities, especially if the cities are in different hemispheres. The use of daylight saving time, when clocks are moved one hour ahead during the summer season, can also lead to a change in the time difference between cities.
In addition, some countries use their own standard time, which may be different from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This can lead to additional confusion in determining the time difference between cities and countries.
In any case, the time difference between cities and countries can be not only interesting information for travelers, but also has practical implications for business and communications. Taking into account the time difference can help you navigate with partners and clients in other parts of the world, as well as determine the best time for conferences and negotiations.